Last Updated: May 22, 2017
By accessing and using the Website, you acknowledge and consent to the privacy practices outlined in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you should not use the Website. This Policy is in addition to the Website’s Terms and Conditions of Use available at: [URL ].
1. Will this Policy ever change?
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time and at our sole discretion. As such, we encourage you to check back frequently for updates. Should we make significant changes to this Policy, we will communicate such change to you by way of a notification on the Website, by e-mail or other means prior to the change becoming effective.
2. How do you collect information and for what use?
We collect personal information directly from you, the user of the Website, for example when you create your membership account for our portal, use the Website, purchase products and services and communicate to us. We may also collect information about you offline, for example when you sign an agreement in person or fill in a ballot for a contest. Examples of information we collect and use are:
• identification information, such as first and last name, gender, username, password, language preferences and location
• health and well-being information, such as physical and emotional background information and other health related history
• contact information, including mailing address, telephone number and emergency contact
• payment information, such as credit card data, billing address or other method of payment information
• business/organization information, such as employer, business address, telephone number and e-mail address
We collect and use this information for several purposes, including: to provide and manage the Website and its features, provide our products, workshops and other services, create membership accounts, to communicate to users including responding to inquiries and requests, for troubleshooting, to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use and defend our legal rights.
We also use the information to analyze trends, gain insights and improve our products and services. The information will also be used for advertising and marketing purposes, including sending you email and text message offers, invitations, news and updates from the us and our promotional partners.
3. Does the Website automatically collect technical data?
Like many websites, we automatically collect and use certain types of data whenever you access or otherwise interact with the Website.
IP Addresses: We may collect your IP address when you visit our Website to help us diagnose problems with our main computers, to administer the Website and system, to report aggregated information to our partners, and to audit the use of our Website. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. In limited circumstances, we may use IP addresses to help us identify you when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or to protect our products, services, Websites, users or others.
Cookies and similar technologies: We may use “cookies”, scripts, pixel tags, etags, web beacons and other similar technologies on certain pages of our Website. These automatically collect data from a visitor to our Website and transfer this information to the visitor’s hard drive. Cookies help us recognize repeat visitors, personalize the Website and communications and tailor content to match particular interests. We also use these technologies to track Website usage trends and patterns as well as provide interest-based advertising.
Analytics: We may use analytic tools or engage with third party service providers to assist us in analytics, to help us to better understand the functionality of our Website. The analytic tools may record information such as how often you use our Website, which features you use or don’t use, and aggregated usage and performance data.
We use this information to recognize you when you return to the Website, to help you log back into your portal, to deliver content in a format that is appropriate for your browser and device, to analyze and monitor how the Website and features are used, to detect and prevent security threats and to deliver and improve the Website and our services for our users.
See – Your Choices – for information on options available to you regarding the automatic collection of technical data.
4. Do you de-identify personal information?
We may de-identify personal information as well as technical and usage data that we collect in a manner that would make it very difficult to link that data back to you. We may use and share this aggregated data with our service providers and promotional partners for the purposes set out above or for other business purposes.
5. What about advertising and marketing?
The Website uses a variety of technologies and participates in marketing programs to assist in the performance of the Website as well as for interest-based advertising. We customize and personalize this advertising to your interests based on information from your activities, such as the actions you take when you visit the Website. This information is shared with third party promotional partners in order to provide you online advertisements that we think are relevant to you.
As we provide an online service, we rely on emails and other electronic communications to communicate with you about the Website and to promote our other products and services.
See – Your Choices – to find out how you can opt-out of the above advertising and marketing programs. Please note that if you opt-out of targeted advertising you may still receive advertisements; however, they are not a result of our marketing programs.
6. Will my information be transferred or disclosed to third parties?
We use third party service providers to assist in providing and managing the Website or administering certain services on our behalf. As such, we may transfer your information to these third parties but only for the purposes for which you’ve provided your consent. For example, we may use third parties to host the Website, process online payments and manage our marketing communications.
We will also disclose personal information to third parties when required to do so in accordance with this Policy or by applicable law.
Examples of situations in which we may disclose personal information include:
• to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order or other legal request
• to business partners and third parties in connection with the evaluation of, or the completion of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation
• to take action regarding illegal activities or violations of the Terms and Conditions of Use
• as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We share certain personal information de-identified data with businesses and promotional partners to send you advertisements about products and services you may like. If you decide you no longer want to receive promotional and marketing messages, go to – Your Choices – to find out how you can opt-out.
7. What about social media and links to third party pages?
Our Website may be linked to and from another website or contain links to third party sites. For example, our Website may include links to certain social media platforms. You should review the policies of websites you visit to better understand how those websites collect, use, retain and disclose personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites. The inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply our endorsement of the linked website or service.
8. Policy on children’s use
This Website is not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
The privacy and security of your information is important to us. We use reasonable physical, technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
We require our third party service provides to employ similar security measures to help maintain the security of your information. Access to information is restricted to authorized personnel and only for the purposes identified in this Policy. However, please note that the use of the internet includes some risk and we cannot guarantee the protection of personal information.
The security of information is a shared responsibility and end users are obligated to safeguard their username and password.
10. Storage and retention practices
Information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored or otherwise processed by us and our third party service providers in a country outside of Canada and/or the United States, and as such, your information may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
We keep information for as long as required to provide you the Website and services, or as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was collected, or for a period of time necessary to comply with retention policies, applicable law and any applicable statute of limitation.
11. Your choices
This section outlines some of the choices you have with regards to your personal information.
• Cookies. If you want to stop accepting the use of certain cookies, the “help” feature of most browsers will help you disable existing cookies and stop receiving future cookies. Please note some features of our Website may not fully function if you opt-out of cookies.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want to receive targeted advertising on other websites or wish to manage your preferences about the third party advertisers and advertising network programs that provide you with targeted advertising, you can opt-out by visiting the:
• Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page: http://youradchoices.ca/understanding-online-advertising
• NAI Opt-Out Page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, and
• Ad Choices Opt-Out Page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
• Communications. To opt-out of receiving promotional emails, you may use the unsubscribe mechanism within the email or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will still receive certain communications from us regarding our business relationship with you.
• Text messages. If you subscribed to receive mobile text message marketing, you may unsubscribe by texting “STOP” at any time or contact us at: email@example.com
• Account Deletion. You may deactivate and delete your membership account at any time through your account settings or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Access Requests and Contact
You may update certain personal information through your account. If you would like to request access to information we have of you, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at:
Attention: Privacy Inquiry
Carol Baxter, Wellness For One, Inc., 1110 Brock Street South, Whitby, ON, L1N 4L9